It’ll take more than a sprinkle of murder to stop Bronwyn from solving the crime and saving the day. — A Game of Cones (An Ice Cream Parlor Mystery) by Abby Collette @AbbyVandiverTweet
My Family’s Ice Cream Shop
by Bronwyn Crewse
My name is Bronwyn Crewse and I make ice cream.
Everyone calls me Win, and so should you. I guess you’re wondering why I’m making this pronouncement about making ice cream. Well, I’ll tell you, it’s because it is my life. And to know about me is to know about ice cream (oh yeah, and family).
Ever since I was a little girl and followed my Grandma Kay around in the back of our shop, I’ve loved to make it. Ice cream, like a best friend, is always there to comfort you when you’re sad, to join in when you’re celebrating or hang out as you stretch out on the couch to watch a good movie.
But the best thing about our ice cream is that it is all about family. Crewse Creamery opened its doors in 1965 in Chagrin Falls, Ohio. A town with a waterfall down the middle of it. Started by my grandparents, Aloysius and Kayleen Crewse, our ice cream parlor was the only black-owned business in the small town and one the few ice cream parlors in Cleveland, where we were a suburb of. And Ice cream has been my life. I was born into it.
I tried to make a go of a life away from the shop, the ice cream, my family but it just didn’t work out. Right after receiving my MBA, I moved to NYC and got a job at an ad agency. Believe me it was a dream job, hard work and long hours sure enough, but I loved it. Well, I loved everything except for it was too far away from home. So, I moved back. And as soon as I did, my grandfather, PopPop, made me the manager of the store.
My days consist of getting up early, no later than 5 a.m. to get down to the store to start the day. I always walk, although I do own a car, I rarely drive it. And on my walk to work, I always stop to visit with my grandfather. He’s up with coffee on ready to read the morning paper (yep, he still has it delivered to his house daily) and eat scrabbled eggs (I can’t imagine what his cholesterol levels are) and I spend a little time with him. I can’t remember how we started this morning ritual, especially since he comes down to the shop every day, but I do enjoy our time together.
At the ice cream shop, it’s usually my mother, a retired schoolteacher, who comes down to help. She’s married into the family, but she’s still a much a part of Crewse Creamery as my dad. He’s a medical doctor, in fact, out of us four kids (I have three older brothers), I’m the only one who didn’t go into the medical field. But I love what I do and wouldn’t change it for the world. Well, all except for the murders.
Yes, you heard right. Murder! In our quaint little village. They keep happening around me and dragging me into them. Well, my best friend Maisie Solomon drags me into them, she thinks she’s an amateur sleuth. And my other best friend, Riya Amacarelli, is just as gung ho. I shy away from them. Who wouldn’t? Think about it, would you want to go chasing after a murderer? They’ve already killed once!
Murder aside, come by and stop in the next time you’re out our way. I’m sure you’ll love visiting our shop and once you taste the ice cream, you’ll never want to leave.
In this charming mystery series set in an ice cream shop, no case is too cold to crack!
Bronwyn Crewse is delighted that Crewse Creamery, the ice cream shop her family has owned for decades, is restored to its former glory and serving sweet frozen treats to happy customers in the picturesque small town of Chagrin Falls, Ohio. But when a big city developer comes to town intent on building a mall, a killer with a frozen heart takes him out.
After literally stumbling across the body, one of Win’s closest friends becomes the prime suspect, and to make things worse, Win’s aunt has come to town with the intention of taking command of Crewse Creamery. Even though Win has a rocky road ahead to help her friend and keep her ice cream shop, it’ll take more than a sprinkle of murder to stop her from solving the crime and saving the day.
Buy Links: Amazon – B&N – Kobo – Google Play – IndieBound – Bookshop
Abby L. Vandiver, also writing as Abby Collette, is a hybrid author who has penned more than twenty-five books and short stories. She has hit both the Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestseller list. Books one and two, A Deadly Inside Scoop and A Game of Cones, from her latest cozy series, An Ice Cream Parlor Mystery, published by Penguin Berkley, is out now.
- Website: www.authorabby.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/authorabbyl.vandiver
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/abbyvandiver
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/abbylvandiver
- March 1 – Celticlady’s Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
- March 1 – Brooke Blogs – SPOTLIGHT
- March 1 – #BRVL Book Review Virginia Lee Blog – SPOTLIGHT
- March 2 – Reading Is My SuperPower =- REVIEW
- March 2 – The Book Diva’s Reads – SPOTLIGHT
- March 2 –My Journey Back the Journey Back – CHARACTER GUEST POST (no post)
- March 3 – Moonlight Rendezvous – REVIEW
- March 3 – A Wytch’s Book Review Blog – CHARACTER INTERVIEW
- March 3 – StoreyBook Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
- March 4 – Mysteries with Character– GUEST POST
- March 4 – Novels Alive – REVIEW
- March 5 – Sapphyria’s Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
- March 5 – Book Club Librarian – REVIEW
- March 6 – Mystery Thrillers and Romantic Suspense Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
- March 6 – Socrates Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
- March 7 – Maureen’s Musings – SPOTLIGHT
- March 7 – Elizabeth McKenna – Author – SPOTLIGHT
- March 8 – I’m All About Books – SPOTLIGHT
- March 8 – Here’s How It Happened – SPOTLIGHT
- March 9 – My Reading Journeys – REVIEW
- March 9 – Christy’s Cozy Corners – SPOTLIGHT WITH RECIPE
- March 9 – Dee-Scoveries – SPOTLIGHT
- March 10 – Diane Reviews Books – REVIEW
- March 10 – Novels Alive – GUEST POST
- March 11 – Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book – REVIEW
- March 11 – Ruff Drafts – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
- March 12 – Literary Gold – REVIEW
- March 12 – Cozy Up WIth Kathy – REVIEW, AUTHOR INTERVIEW
- March 12 – Ms. Cat’s Honest World – REVIEW
- March 13 – Reading, Writing & Stitch-Metic – SPOTLIGHT
- March 13 – Brianne’s Book Reviews – REVIEW
- March 14 – eBook Addicts – REVIEW
- March 14 – I Read What You Write – CHARACTER GUEST POST
Have you signed up to be a Tour Host?
Click Here to Find Details and Sign Up Today!
What a fun post. I love character guest posts.
Looks like a fun read!