Table Of Contents
- Guest Post: Why Do I Love Writing Romantic Thrillers?
- About The Book: Pursuit of the Truth
- About The Author: K.D. Richards
- Tour and Giveaway: A Print Copy plus a $25 Amazon Gift Card
Why Do I Love Writing Romantic Thrillers?
by K.D. Richards
Why do I love writing romantic suspense? Before I jump into that, permit me a moment to say that romantic suspense can be defined in many different ways. Some writers and readers define romantic suspense as novels that equally balance romance and suspense. Others don’t rely as much on the exact mix of romance and suspense but base their definition on whether the romance or the suspense could survive if either were ripped from the novel.
The definition I think I’m least inclined toward is one that demands the romance take precedence over the suspense – after all, bestselling author Maureen Smith has said, “There is a reason why the genre is called romantic suspense, not suspenseful romance. The romance must come first.” To me, each of the definitions are a little bit right and a little bit off base. Every writer of romantic suspense will come to the genre with a slightly different idea about what a romantic suspense is and isn’t. And that’s one of the things that makes the genre so diverse and reading different romantic suspense authors so exhilarating.
Okay, so why do I love writing romantic suspense? A lot of it comes down to ‘I write what I like to read’ – mysteries and romance. Combine the two and I’m hooked.
Romantic suspense novels combine tons of tension, complex characters and oodles of suspense are what keep me turning the pages of a novel. Intricate plots driven by characters making, often times not so great, choices and figuring out how to come back from those choices make for a compelling thriller. And what could be more thrilling, more exciting, more suspenseful than falling in love!
For me the fact that romantic thrillers have at least two plot lines, the romance along with a mystery plot line, also keeps things interesting. These novels tend to be character-driven stories that also have plots with enough intrigue to keep my interest on multiple fronts. Because both lives and loves are in jeopardy, the suspense is often heightened in romantic suspense novels.
In the first book in the West Investigations series, Pursuit of the Truth, my heroine, Nadia, has been thrust into the position of CEO of her family hotel chain. She’s struggling with her new position and the loss of a family member when her life is changed once again. For reasons unknown, someone seems intent on hurting her. Nadia turns to her head of security, Ryan, who she also happens to have a wee crush on, for help. As they attempt to discover Nadia’s pursuers, Nadia finds inner strength she didn’t know she had and both she and Ryan overcome personal wounds and find happiness together.
How do you define romantic suspense? What are you looking for in a romantic suspense novel? Add a comment and let me know. And look for Pursuit of the Truth available for now. (Click to leave K.D. Richards a comment below)
His skills can keep her safe Her secrets could get them killed… — Pursuit of the Truth (West Investigations) by @kiadwritesTweet
About The Book:
About The Book:
His skills can keep her safe
Her secrets could get them killed…
Security expert Ryan West’s worst fears come to life when hotel CEO Nadia Shelton is pushed in front of a taxi and nearly killed. Someone will do whatever it takes to find the brother Nadia thought was dead, and the only way Ryan can protect her as they uncover the truth is to stay strictly professional. But the sparks igniting between them are nearly impossible to ignore.
From Harlequin Intrigue: Seek thrills. Solve crimes. Justice served.
About The Author:
About The Author:
K. D. Richards is the pseudonym for Kia Dennis. Kia was born and raised in the Maryland suburbs just outside of Washington, D.C. A writer since a young age, after college she earned a law degree and worked as an attorney and legal instructor for fifteen years but never stopped writing fiction. She currently lives in the Toronto area with her husband and two sons. Sign up for her newsletter at kdrichardsbooks.com and follow her on Twitter @kiadwrites
- Website: kdrichardsbooks.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kdrichardsauthor
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kdrichardsauthor
- Amazon: https://amzn.to/3fYaI6P
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/20494862.K_D_Richards
Tour and Giveaway
Tour and Giveaway
- January 25 – I’m All About Books – SPOTLIGHT
- January 26 – Bea’s Book Nook – REVIEW
- January 27 – Literary Gold – CHARACTER GUEST POST
- January 28 – Maureen’s Musings – SPOTLIGHT
- January 28 – Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
- January 29 – Sapphyria’s Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
- January 30 – The Book Diva’s Reads – GUEST POST
- January 31 – Mystery Thrillers and Romantic Suspense Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
- February 1 – I Read What You Write -GUEST POST
- February 2 – Mysteries with Character – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
- February 3 – Author Elena Taylor’s Blog – REVIEW
- February 4 – MJB Reviewers – SPOTLIGHT
- February 5 – Socrates Book Reviews – REVIEW
- February 6 – Brooke Blogs – REVIEW
- February 7 – Celticlady’s Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
Have you signed up to be a Tour Host?