Table Of Contents
- Character Guest Post: It’s a Dog’s Life
- About The Book: Mystery Bones Murders
- About The Author: Karen Randau
- Tour and Giveaway: A Digital Copy – Mystery Bones Murders
It’s a Dog’s Life
by Karen Randau
Hey there! I’m Lexi Princess Warrior, the German Shepherd in Mystery Bones Murders, but you can call me Lexi like my human does. I fell in love with Frankie Shep the second I smelled her at the shelter where my other family left me after I dug up their strawberry patch. Those things smelled and tasted so good, I couldn’t help myself!
“She’s just two,” Honey said after I did it. But Sweetheart said I couldn’t be trained and he was tired of trying. Like always, he grabbed me by the collar and choked me as he dragged me to the car and then again when we got to the shelter. It hurt my feelings, and I was plenty scared, but now I’m glad he took me there. Now I get to live on a big ranch with Frankie, Cole, Isabella, and their two girls, Grace and Hope. And I get to help them move the cattle around. I didn’t know life could be so much fun until I met Frankie!
I’ll never forget the day I first laid eyes on her and her messy ginger-colored fur. I wonder why humans only have fur on their heads. It looks kind of funny if you ask me, and it doesn’t keep them warm in the winter. We live in Wyoming where it gets really cold. Frankie wears a big coat that she keeps in the closet by the front door.
So anyway, that day I met Frankie at the shelter I was pouting and hiding my face in the back corner of my cage when suddenly all the other dogs started barking. I went to my cage’s door to see what was happening, and that’s when I got a whiff of her—a combination of horse hair, saddle leather, and fruity shampoo.
I couldn’t see her at first, but I heard her bootsteps as she walked slowly from cage to cage. She stopped to talk to each dog with the kindest voice I’d ever heard. The sheriff says she has an alto voice, but I just call it being in dog heaven when I listen to her talk. She even sings now that she’s feeling better. I can’t get enough of her voice, and she talks to me all the time now, ‘cause we’re best friends.
Anyhoo, like I said, they were all barking and showing off back there at the shelter, but I just sat still waiting. It wasn’t the first time a human passed right by me because of my size and what they called an unruly nature. What’s so unruly about enjoying a few strawberries?
But Frankie didn’t pass by. And the instant our eyes met, I knew I had found my forever home. You can see into a human’s soul when you look at their eyes. Frankie’s were deep pools of blue that looked as sad as I felt. When she reached in to touch me, her hand was warm and gentle. No one had ever touched me that way before. I wanted nothing more than to please her.
That’s why I listened and obeyed when she trained me. Cole—he’s the ranch hand, and Isabella is his wife—he says Frankie is an animal whisperer, whatever that means.All I know is life is really good now that Frankie Shep is my best friend and her eyes light up every time she sees me. I look forward to meeting you in the pages of Mystery Bones Murders, and I think you’ll understand why I love her so much and will do anything to please her.
Frankie discovers that a serial killer is using her land to bury his victims. And now he’s watching her. — Mystery Bones Murders (Frankie Shep Suspense Novellas) by @klrandauTweet
About The Book
About The Book:
Frankie Shep is still mourning the deaths of her husband and young son when she finds a bone in the far corner of her Wyoming cattle ranch.
Excited to think she may have discovered an ancient Native American village, she takes the bone to a lifelong friend who is now a forensic anthropologist on contract with her county.
After a cursory inspection, he turns a blood-chilling stare at Frankie. The bone isn’t ancient. Worse, the victim could be the remains of Frankie’s mother. She disappeared from her own bed more than a decade ago.
And now her retired father is missing.
As Frankie digs deeper, she discovers the terrifying truth that a serial killer is using her land to bury his victims, all members of her family and inner circle.
And now he’s watching her.
Mystery Bones Murders is a story of love, heart-wrenching deception, and finding redemption.
Book Links: Amazon
About The Author
About The Author:
Karen Randau authors fast-paced stories with intricate plots, lots of action, and a dash of romance told from the point of view of a female amateur sleuth. Mystery Bones Murders is her sixth book and the first book in a new series of novellas. She lives in the mountains of Arizona with her multi-generational family.
- Webpage: http://www.karenrandau.com
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/karenrandauauthor
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/klrandau
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/491463.Karen_Randau
- BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/karen-randau
Tour and Giveaway
- January 18 – I’m All About Books – SPOTLIGHT
- January 19 – Author Elena Taylor’s Blog – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
- January 20 – StoreyBook Reviews – REVIEW, GUEST POST
- January 21 – Celticlady’s Reviews – SPOTLIGHT, EXCERPT
- January 22 – Brooke Blogs – SPOTLIGHT
- January 23 – Cassidy’s Bookshelves – REVIEW, CHARACTER GUEST POST
- January 24 – Literary Gold – SPOTLIGHT, EXCERPT
- January 25 – Maureen’s Musings – SPOTLIGHT
- January 26 – Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book – REVIEW, GUEST POST
- January 27 – The Pulp and Mystery Shelf – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
- January 28 – MJB Reviewers – SPOTLIGHT
- January 29 – I Read What You Write – CHARACTER GUEST POST
- January 29 – Ruff Drafts – SPOTLIGHT
- January 30 – FUONLYKNEW – SPOTLIGHT
- January 31 – Sapphyria’s Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
Have you signed up to be a Tour Host?