- About The Book : Murder Can Haunt Your Handiwork
- About The Author: Rose Pressey
- Tour and Giveaway: Print Copy – Murder Can Haunt Your Handiwork
A Gilded Age ghost helps psychic painter Celeste Cabot catch a killer- in Murder Can Haunt Your Handiwork (A Haunted Craft Fair Mystery) by @rosepresseyTweet
About The Book
About The Book:
Rising up against the beautiful backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Biltmore Estate is a magnificent mansion in Asheville, North Carolina, built as a summer home for George Washington Vanderbilt II—yes, of those Vanderbilts—during the Gilded Age. Nowadays, it’s the site of an annual craft fair. Unfortunately, it’s also about to become a crime scene . . .
Celeste is hard to miss as she pulls up with her pink and white Shasta trailer and adorable Chihuahua, Van Gogh—Van for short. But before she can show off her artwork at the fair, a tour guide is found strangled by a velvet rope barrier and a valuable painting goes missing. With a rogues’ gallery of sketchy suspects, Celeste welcomes the help of a pair of handsome detectives—and a ghost with a special interest in the case . . .
Includes tips and recipes!
EXCERPT CHAPTER 1
A middle-aged brown-haired woman stood at the door when I approached. She eyed me up and down. No doubt she recognized me.
I pulled out the ticket stub from my pocket. “I think I lost my keys inside. Do you mind if I go inside and check?”
She shrugged and motioned for me to go inside. I hadn’t expected that. She didn’t even so much as touch my ticket stub. I wouldn’t mention this, though. If I pointed that out, she might change her mind. Once again, I hurried inside the mansion. People spoke in hushed tones in the distance. What would I do if the other employees recognized me? I suppose I’d deal with that when it happened.
With anxiety churning in my stomach, I walked down the hallway. I tried to keep my head held high, as if I were totally supposed to be here. I’d almost made it to the area where the vase incident happened. I figured this was the location where I’d lost the keys. As I headed farther down the hall, a piercing scream rang out. What had happened?
Had my family returned? That wasn’t possible, right?
The next thing I knew, a stampede of people raced toward me. I dove to my left so that I wouldn’t be trampled.
I landed face first on the floor but not before knocking down one of those velvet rope barriers that I had just chastised my brothers about being behind. I briefly remained motionless, dazed and wondering what had just happened. The crowd thundered by like a herd of cattle without saying a word to me. Apparently, they just wanted out.
I managed to get up from the floor. After straightening my clothing and smoothing down my frazzled hair, I picked up the gold posts holding the barrier rope. Curiousity got me, and I really wanted to take a peek around the corner and see what the crowd could’ve possibly been running from. I didn’t smell smoke, nor did I hear a fire alarm. What other emergency could there have been?
One quick glance around the corner, and I saw the motionless woman on the floor.
About The Author:
About The Author:
Rose Pressey is the USA Today bestselling author of the Haunted Craft Fair Mysteries and the Haunted Vintage Mystery Series. She enjoys writing quirky and fun novels with a paranormal twist. The paranormal has always captured her interest. The thought of finding answers to the unexplained fascinates her.
When she’s not writing about werewolves, vampires, and every other supernatural creature, she loves eating cupcakes with sprinkles, reading, spending time with family, and listening to oldies from the fifties. Yeah, she loves Elvis. She can’t help myself.
Rose lives in the beautiful commonwealth of Kentucky with her husband, son, and three sassy Chihuahuas.
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/authorrosepressey
- Blog – itsvintageyall.blogspot.com
- Website – http://rosepressey.com/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/rosepressey
Tour and Giveaway
Tour and Giveaway
- January 15 – I’m All About Books – SPOTLIGHT
- January 15 – View from the Birdhouse – REVIEW
- January 15 – Books a Plenty Book Reviews – REVIEW
- January 15 – Ruff Drafts – SPOTLIGHT
- January 16 – Socrates Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
- January 16 – The Avid Reader – REVIEW, EXCERPT
- January 16 – Literary Gold – SPOTLIGHT, EXCERPT
- January 17 – Cozy Up With Kathy – REVIEW, EXCERPT
- January 17 – Baroness’ Book Trove – SPOTLIGHT
- January 17 – Sapphyria’s Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
- January 18 – The Pulp and Mystery Shelf – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
- January 18 – FUONLYKNEW – SPOTLIGHT
- January 18 – Moonlight Rendezvous – REVIEW
- January 19 – Diane Reviews Books – SPOTLIGHT
- January 19 – Christy’s Cozy Corners – SPOTLIGHT
- January 19 – Brooke Blogs – SPOTLIGHT
- January 20 – Celticlady’s Reviews – SPOTLIGHT, EXCERPT
- January 20 – Reading, Writing & Stitch-Metic – SPOTLIGHT, EXCERPT
- January 20 – Laura’s Interests – REVIEW
- January 21 – Mysteries with Character – EXCERPT
- January 21 – Ascroft, eh? – EXCERPT
- January 21 – Author Elena Taylor’s Blog – SPOTLIGHT
- January 22 – Eskimo Princess Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
- January 22 – I Read What You Write – SPOTLIGHT, EXCERPT
- January 22 – Maureen’s Musings – SPOTLIGHT
- January 22 – MJB Reviewers – SPOTLIGHT
Have you signed up to be a Tour Host?