Table of Contents
When a heartless killer ruins a Valentine’s Day wedding, Sasha vows to solve the crime . . . -Wedding Bear Blues (A Teddy Bear Mystery) by @megmimsTweet
About The Book
About The Book:
When a heartless killer ruins a Valentine’s Day wedding, teddy bear shop manager Sasha Silverman vows to solve the crime . . .
At the Silver Bear Shop and Factory, Sasha will be selling plenty of bride and groom teddy bears come springtime. But this Valentine’s Day weekend, she’d take any of those silent, stuffed couples over the real thing. Sasha and her sister Maddie are bridesmaids at Cissy Davidson’s upcoming wedding in Silver Hollow. Cissy is fuming over the worst choice of best man—the jerk who broke her sister Debbie’s heart—and the groom-to-be won’t budge in his decision. At the rehearsal dinner you could cut the tension with a wedding cake knife.
That is, until best man Dylan is found dead, impaled with an ice pick. Although jilted Debbie is the most likely suspect—the blood on her dress doesn’t help her case—the bride begs Sasha to prove her sister’s innocence. If anyone’s going to walk down the aisle, Sasha will first need to find the cold-hearted killer who iced Dylan . . .
Sasha is serving as a bride’s maid for “the wedding event of the winter,” when she and her sister Maddie discover the body of the almost universally disliked best man. There is no shortage of suspects from among the many women of the bridal party who admit to a past with him or the men of the bridal party who felt cheated during a bachelor party poker game.
Once again Meg Macy has created a murder mystery that is thought out and well organized, leaving several feasible suspects to keep the reader guessing until the very end. Like always, the character subplots and the interactions of the town’s people are the life of the story. While the whodunnit fuels the story, I was really very interested in the new shops in town, the new neighbors, and the new gossip. It is small touches like that that will keep this series going forward. That plus adorable bears that I wish I could order.
So, why should you read this book? The author has a captivating writing style and has offered an array of colorful characters along with a genuinely interesting and suspenseful plot. There is substantial mention of the previous books in the series, but this could probably be read alone with few issues.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review
About The Author
About The Author
Award-winning mystery author Meg Macy lives in Southeast Michigan, close enough to Ann Arbor, Chelsea, and Dexter — the setting of her “Shamelessly Adorable Teddy Bear” cozy mysteries for Kensington. She is also one-half of the writing team of D.E. Ireland for the Eliza Doolittle & Henry Higgins mysteries; two books, Wouldn’t It Be Deadly and Get Me to the Grave On Time were Agatha Award finalists for Best Historical. Meg’s first published book, Double Crossing, won the 2012 Best First Novel Spur Award from Western Writers of America. Meg loves reading historical and cozy mysteries, gardening, crafts, and watercolor painting.
Book Tour and Giveaway
Book Tour and Giveaway
- January 4 – Thoughts in Progress – SPOTLIGHT
- January 4 – I’m All About Books – SPOTLIGHT
- January 5 – Baroness’ Book Trove – REVIEW
- January 5 – Mysteries with Character – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
- January 6 – Christy’s Cozy Corners – SPOTLIGHT
- January 6 – Mystery Thrillers and Romantic Suspense Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
- January 7 – Socrates Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
- January 7 – I Read What You Write – REVIEW
- January 8 – Cozy Up With Kathy – REVIEW
- January 8 – Sapphyria’s Book Reviews – REVIEW
- January 9 – Lisa Ks Book Reviews – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
- January 9 – The Avid Reader – REVIEW
- January 10 – Literary Gold – SPOTLIGHT
- January 11 – StoreyBook Reviews – GUEST POST
- January 11 – Celticlady’s Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
- January 12 – Maureen’s Musings – SPOTLIGHT
- January 12 – Christa Reads and Writes – REVIEW
- January 13 – Books a Plenty Book Reviews – REVIEW
- January 13 – Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book – REVIEW
- January 14 – ebook addicts – SPOTLIGHT
- January 14 – The Pulp and Mystery Shelf – SPOTLIGHT
- January 15 – Reading, Writing & Stitch-Metic – SPOTLIGHT
- January 15 – Brooke Blogs – SPOTLIGHT
- January 16 – Diane Reviews Books – GUEST POST
- January 17 – Ascroft, eh? – CHARACTER INTERVIEW
Have you signed up to be a Tour Host?